No Grill too dirty or broken for the My Grill Cleaner Team
Cleaning, Service and Sales, call us or book online
Now serving 2 Locations Chicago and Tucson/ 520-230-0097
224 48GRILL / 224-484-7455
1. Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house. Farther is even better. This applies to both charcoal and gas grills.
2. Clean your grill regularly. If you allow grease and fat to build up on your grill, they provide more fuel for a fire. Grease is a major source of flare ups.
3. Check for gas leaks. You can make sure no gas is leaking from your gas grill by making a solution of half liquid dish soap and half water and rubbing it on the hoses and connections. Then, turn the gas on (with the grill lid open.) If the soap forms large bubbles, that's a sign that the hoses have tiny holes or that the connections are not tight enough.
4. Keep decorations away from your grill. Decorations like hanging baskets, pillows and umbrellas look pretty. Today's decor is mostly made of artificial fibers that burn fast and hot, making this tip even more important.
5. Keep a spray bottle of water handy. That way, if you have a minor flare-up you can spray it with the water to instantly calm it.
6. Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill. KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you are unsure how to use the extinguisher, if the flames are to large don't waste before calling 911. Firefighters say many fire deaths occur when people try to fight a fire themselves.
7. Turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. NEVER do this. It causes gas to build up inside your grill, and when you do light it and open it, a fireball can explode in your face.
8. Leave a grill unattended. Fires double in size every minute. Plan ahead so that all of your other food prep chores are done and you can focus on grilling.
9. Overload your grill with food. This applies especially fatty meats. The basic reason for this tip is that if too much fat drips on the flames at all once, it can cause a large flare-up.
10. Use a grill indoors. People often think it will be safe to use a grill, especially a small one, indoors. THIS IS NOT TRUE. In addition to the fire hazard, grills release carbon monoxide the deadly colorless, odorless gas. That gas needs to vent in fresh air or it can kill you, your family and pets.